Sharon’s Hashitmoto’s Story

I was sick with walking or atypical pneumonia.  For 3 months I couldn’t shake it I kept going to drs and getting more antibiotics during this time I gained about 30 lbs and was barely eating. I felt to tired so I slept as often as I could. Went to walk in clinic and.hospitals no-one seemed.concerned except for me.  I was referred once again to a different clinic.  Its a teaching community.outreach clinic.  Dr walked in took about a minute to.listen to my lungs and look.me over.  He says.how long has the lower part of your.throat been swollen. He gives me water I swallow. Yep your thyroid is swollen. He then calls in about 30 students to take turns feeling my.throat while.I.swallow.   Dr then sent me for testing.  I don’t even remember what but it was 5 tests then blood work.  Dr says your hypothyroid and wrote out a script he said this should help you lose weight and you’ll feel better.  Well nope I.got over my.pneumonia but nothing else changed retest blood upped dosage this went on for over a year.  I was on levothroxin for decades I was dx 1994 at 21 it wasn’t until 2008 that I was told I had hashimotos thyroid an autoimmune disease. And I had nodules that had to be biopsied.  It came out  non cancerous.

Summary: my dx took months.of drs ignoring me before a dr within 2 minutes actually looked at me. I had some very expensive testing done over.the course of 4 or.5 months before I was officially dx and put on medication.  Even then over a decade to find out the.hashis dx.  And.to.this day I still have no energy and I have to.fight with drs who only want to do the TSH test.  Tsh isn’t.the whole.picture  after all this time with my head in books.I.think.I.know more about my disease than.most drs.  There are so many ways this dx could’ve.come quicker. I.think many ppl don’t take this disease seriously including drs.

Sharon, 40.  Dx Hypothyroid at 21 in 1994, Dx.Hashimoto’s 2008.

The post Sharon’s Hashitmoto’s Story appeared first on Mamma Health.



source https://mammahealth.com/sharons-hashitmotos-story/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Airbnb Experiences [Free promotional coupon inside]

Goiters and Thyroid Nodules

Teething And Your Baby: Symptoms And Remedies