28 Long years

I was diagnosed Hypothyroid after the birth of my first child and even then was told I was a new mother and was tired because of the baby. The Endo didn’t believe I was Hypo but ran the test anyway. He sent me a note saying I was indeed well into Hypothyroid. Years went by and my symptoms never went away but was told my TSH was normal so it wasn’t my Thyroid and I believed them after all they were the Doctors.

Over the years I’ve been diagnosed with MS, Panic and Anxiety and Depression and over the years have had numerous MRI scans and all showed no evidence of MS so what is it I would ask and typically they would write a prescription for anti-depressants which I knew in my heart wasn’t the answer. More time went on and I continued to struggle through life feeling awful and exhausted then I crashed and again MRI which showed nothing all blood work was good then I was diagnosed with Sleep Apnea so according to my Doc that was the answer and again I knew it wasn’t the whole answer and I begged him to run a complete thyroid panel and he refused saying we just ran the TSH and insurance wouldn’t approve it. I said we would pay for it and he refused.

Fast forward 25 years I was sent to a Rheumatologist and he diagnosed me with Fibromyalgia and of course there came all the drugs to mask symptoms and again I knew the Fibro was being caused by something I couldn’t accept having Fibro and not knowing what had caused it. After I refused yet again another anti-depressant script from my GP I was referred by him to a Naturopath who is a godsend she looked at me after reading my 2 page list of symptoms and looked at my blood test that another Naturopath 2 years previously had run when my own GP refused and said it could be you are not converting T4 into T3. I cried with relief that finally someone after 28 years of being on a T4 medication that has done nothing but keeps me sick.

Finally, he had the compassion and care to work with me on finding the best treatment and after trying 2 different NDT meds I was switched to SR T3. This is my second day and although it will take some time for my body to adjust and heal my Morning temperature was 98.5 and that is huge in comparison of my past morning temps they have never been higher than 97.3 I do believe I’m finally on the road to recovery and have a lot of catching up to do especially with my children who were robbed of a healthy and present Mother who did the best she could but always wished she could be “normal” and to do more and now it’s possible. The kids are grown and have children of their own now so we will be doing things with their children now and I will be thrilled to participate in their lives! To participate in life! Keep searching for answers and don’t give up you will find what your looking for despite the roadblocks in the medical community. Doctors who listen and hear what your saying do exist!

The post 28 Long years appeared first on Mamma Health.



source https://mammahealth.com/28-long-years-thyroid/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Airbnb Experiences [Free promotional coupon inside]

Goiters and Thyroid Nodules

Best thyroid supplements