10 Years

Ten years is a long time. A long time to miss my children grow. A long time to lay in bed and hurt. A long time sleep, just sleep a little longer. I have had good days, like I am sure we all have, but the pain and tiredness I have lived with daily has become who I am. Or better yet, who I was. After one week of getting off levothyroxine, my life is coming back. Back to me and my new husband and my wonderful kids. I get up from the chair now at work and I can walk without pain. I get out of the car now and feel like dancing across the parking lot. I actually do not dread going to the grocery store, I can walk those aisles like everyone else. This is after only one week. I no longer feel stressed beyond repair. I can’t believe the calm that I now feel. I am excited to wake up everyday and go to a job I love and spend time with my kids without having to say later, I don’t feel good right now. I am loving my new life!

With all that being said, 10 years ago they took my thyroid. I was 32 years old and was told not to worry, I was much too young for cancer. I had just had my fourth child and woke up one day with a knot on the front of my neck. It was the size of a golf ball, so you can imagine the fear. Doctors didn’t find anything with the ultrasounds and biopsies. Finally several months later, they took half my thyroid. The side of the golf ball. Yes, it was cancer. I will never forget (and I still cry) when I think about that first walk into the cancer center all by myself. Nothing on earth will ever compare. Again several months later they took the other half of my thyroid. I was put on levothyroxine from day 1, never was told there were other options and was never told of the rare side effects that I am finding out about 10 years later.

Ten years is a long time.

Jeannie

I will gladly share my name and anything else to fight this fight…

The post 10 Years appeared first on Mamma Health.



source https://mammahealth.com/10-years-thyroid/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Airbnb Experiences [Free promotional coupon inside]

Goiters and Thyroid Nodules

Teething And Your Baby: Symptoms And Remedies