Gluten-Free Superbowl Survival Guide

GLUTEN-FREE LIFE

So, I’ll admit, I really don’t care about the Super Bowl for the actual game. I keep forgetting which teams are in it, and I’m not even sure what Roman numeral is supposed to be denoting which Super Bowl it is this year. I DO know that Madonna, M.I.A. and Nicki Menage are playing the half-time show, so I’m looking forward to what I hope is some over-the-top fabulousness. And I’m also looking forward to some fun ads, and hanging out with fun people. The tricky part for people with dietary restrictions is, obviously, the food side of the Super Bowl tradition. Here is what I plan to do to survive (and thoroughly enjoy!) the party:

1. Eat before I go
I’m not going to absolutely stuff myself ahead of time, but I’m not going to starve myself either. I’ll probably eat something pretty satisfying, so if I see something that looks really good there that I can’t eat, I won’t feel too deprived.

2. Bring Gluten-free beer with me
I’m not a huge beer drinker, but something about the Super Bowl makes me want to join in on the good-ol-’American fun. I will most likely be taking Red Bridge, since I know I like it and it’s affordable. Hint: people might be curious and want to try it! If they do, I’ll pour some out of my bottle into a cup, or give them their own, as they may have eaten gluten and the traces on their lips can contaminate the mouth of my bottle.

3. Bring food that I can eat along
This is a good opportunity for me to be a good guest, as I’m bringing food, and also a good opportunity for others with allergies or sensitivities to feel accommodated and cared for. Since I don’t know the people I will be spending the Super Bowl with very well this year, I’ve asked the person I do know well about any other allergies in the group, so I can make my dish accommodate their needs as well.

Here is a little list of links to recipes for gluten-free Superbowl foods:

Gluten-free fast food

Gluten-free sushi

Oatmeal cookies

Gluten-free snacks on the go

Protein bars

And that’s pretty much it! With these few little preparations, I’m all set to have a good time ignoring football and hanging out with people!

Happy cheering!

The post Gluten-Free Superbowl Survival Guide appeared first on Mamma Health.



source https://mammahealth.com/gluten-free-superbowl-survival-guide/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Airbnb Experiences [Free promotional coupon inside]

Goiters and Thyroid Nodules

Teething And Your Baby: Symptoms And Remedies