I had no symptoms

I went to the Dr. because I had hearing loss. The ENT checked my throat just as a routine and found a lump. We live in a goiter belt so it wasn’t uncommon. I was told to get an ultrasound just to be safe but really we needed to focus on my Meniere’s disease.

The ultrasound came and went and I was referred to my ENT’s colleague. I had been doing all the test and appointments alone since I had no other problems other than with my ears. The Dr gave me my diagnosis that I had thyroid cancer and would need a total thyroidectomy. I was sitting there alone trying to take it all in as he explained to me what to expect and the risk involved with the surgery. I was trying not to cry, after all, I had just been blindsided, and then he just rolled his eyes at me and said: “this isn’t something to get upset about.”

I got out of there as fast as I could. I was sitting in the parking lot with my car door open since it was one of the hottest days of summer and I knew I couldn’t drive while that upset and the lady that had parked next to me came up trying to get into her car. she took one look at me and asked if I was alright and gave me a hug.

I got more sympathy from a stranger in a hospital parking lot than a doctor who just gave a cancer diagnosis.He didn’t think thyroid cancer was something be concerned about. it was a non-issue to him.

The post I had no symptoms appeared first on Mamma Health.



source https://mammahealth.com/i-had-no-symptoms-thyroid/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Airbnb Experiences [Free promotional coupon inside]

Goiters and Thyroid Nodules

Teething And Your Baby: Symptoms And Remedies